The current version of mNotation™ is 3.0 (2017) for most laptops, tablets, and smartphones (* see note below). So far the mNotation™ orchestral parts include the following:
String parts are all updated to v. 3.0 for all laptops, tablets, and smart phones*.
- Flute (piccolo)
- Clarinet (Eb/Bb/A/Alt/Bass)
- Saxophones (Sop/Alt/Ten/Bar)
Wind parts above are being updated to v. 3.0 for all laptops, tablets, and smart phones*, and will be available by May 2017. Double reeds are scheduled for Fall 2017.
Brass parts above are in the mNotation™ 2010 version (“Web Symphony v. 3.2”). They may or may not work on your current browser, but will be updated to v. 3.0 soon.
In the meantime, if your instrument is not represented, you can use the following generic parts could be used for any of the clarinets (Bb, A, Eb, alto, bass, or contrabass) and tuba (C, F, CC), although they’re not specific in the realm of special effects for those instruments. You can perform with them, but just ignore pitches outside your instrument’s range, and when you see ‘special effect’, improvise a special effect (fluttertongue, multiphonic, mute effect, whatever is idiomatic to your instrument, or some DSP effect if you are being amplified). Other instruments are invited to use the generic parts for now, although there’s obviously pitches to ignore.
- Generic Treble , Bb Clarinet range, also flute, oboe, English Horn, all clarinets, all saxophones. Ignore pitches outside your range.
- Generic Bass , Bass Tuba range, also bassoon, contrabassoon, baritone [reading bass clef]. baritone tuba, tuba. Again, ignore pitches outside your range.
Generic parts above are in the mNotation™ 2010 version (“Web Symphony v. 3.2”). They may or may not work on your current browser, but will be updated to v. 3.0 soon.
Multi-staff pitched percussion (xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, glockenspiel, chimes), and harp, piano, organ, or electronic keyboard, and also unpitched accessory percussion (woodblocks, temple blocks, claves, guiro, triangle, gongs, tam-tams, cymbals, toms, floor tom, snare, bass drum, drum kit, electronic drums, bongos, congas, and all non-Western percussion including gamelan, Asian, Indian, and African ensembles) please commission me directly for your part, and your place in music history!
* Note: All parts require internet connectivity and either Puffin browser, or other contemporary browser with Flash plug-in (Firefox, Chrome, Safari—not tested on Internet Explorer/Edge or Opera). Not tested in Linux.